Monday 16 March 2020

50 Dreams: 5 years on

Hello again Gentle Reader. 5 years ago I posted a blog entry called 50 dreams. These were dreams or goals that I set myself to
achieve.
3 years ago I wrote an update blog post in which I ticked off all the things that had happened

In this update I am going to let you know if I achieved any more of my goals. If the goal has a comment that means I achieved or partially achieved it.

1. Own my own home
2. Have a garden
3. Eternal Happiness
4. Be comfortable financially.
Lena and I have been able to save up so yes we are better off.
5. Be healthy
I lost a lot of weight. Put some back on though.
6. Be fit
I ran the 5k in the Riga marathon and I regularly walk
7. Be a published author
Does the blog count as published
8. Be successful in my career
I was Curriculum Coordinator in China and Head of Humanities in Armenia.
9. Be a valued colleague to my workmates
I think my colleagues see me as valuable.
10. Not have to worry about money
11. Be a good father/grandfather
12. Stand on every continent including Antarctica
Now up to 5 just South America and Antarctica to go.
13. Drive Route 66 in USA (Chicago to Los Angeles)

14. Be in an earthquake
15. Witness a volcanic eruption
16.Want my mum healthy
Shes Cancer free
17. Marry Lena
Yes for nearly 5 years
18. Adopt a handsome little boy
See the pic below



19. Father a beatiful girl
20. Have my art in an exhibition.
21. Have a nice family friendly car
Yep Peugeot 2008 but had to leave it in Latvia. Now I dont need s car.

22. Want to see Fulham back in the Premier League.
Got promoted then after 1 season relegated.
23. Want to stand on top of Ben Nevis

24. Want to walk the West Highland Way
25. To visit New Zealand and see  the Lord of the Rings scenary
26. To speak Latvian and/or Russian
Russian is getting better
27. To visit every European Capital City
Only a few more to go.
28. To write a Doctor Who script (even if not transmitted)
29. To be the best husband in the world
Ask Lena
30. To walk across the frozen River Daugava
31. To read music, even though I cannot play
32. Finish the 5k run in May
Done
33. To do a Masters in Education
Planning to do one in Educational Administration
34. Do another degree (philosophy maybe)
35. Keep Learning new stuff
36. Actually see the Trevi fountain working.
Was going in April but had to cancel due to Covid-19

37. See Scotland fully independant
38. Live in a country where white people are the minority.
2 years in China
39. Retire when I'm 60
40. Own a place in the country
41. Be involved with a charity
We have helped an orphanage in Liepaja
42. Have more time to do things I enjoy
43. Stay up all night drinking and NOT suffer for 4 days
44. Be asked for my autograph
45.Win an award (could be anything)

46. Have a really fancy dinner party
47. Make my children proud
48. Help my pupils achieve their goals.
That will never end.
49. Write a teaching theory manual.
50. Sing at Karaoke and hit every note.

As you can see. Some I have achieved, others only partly but life is a marathon not a sprint and I know that most of them are going to happen.
Keep checking back to see my progress. You know I will probably be blogging about it.

#50dreams #2020

No comments:

Post a Comment