Friday 3 July 2015

Restaurant Review: Singh's


 https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/v/t1.0-1/c35.69.439.439/s160x160/564512_167732400045162_1206109825_n.jpg?oh=b55c59fcb4912b5972d6382b0724a825&oe=55F4667B&__gda__=1441305090_cfe84588d6b9cc8139f9ffe5a4826a25
Hey Gentle Readers, as part of my service for gourmands everywhere, I see  it as part of my brief as a blogger to share good stuff and bad stuff with the readers.

Tonight, Lena and I visited a newly opened Indian restaurant on Gertrudes Iela, Riga. Singh's restaurant for me and a few friends of mine is a dream come true. A good curry house within easy walking distance of our home.

Lena, although I have made some curries for her, had never had a real Indian restaurant curry and she played it safe with a rich, creamy chicken korma, saffron rice and cheese naan bread and she says the dish was unusual  but  she really enjoyed it and cant wait to be a bit more adventurous next time.

I am a bit of a curryphile so a new restaurant for me is an exciting thing. I had the chicken Karahi with saffron rice and garlic naan. I also asked for extra spice so that the curry was more like the ones I get back in the UK. It was fantastic, the mix of spices and vegetables was great and the chicken was juicy and perfectly cooked.

The added bonus was the head chef was really helpful and advised Lena on which curry to go for. The waiting staff were friendly and efficient and the restaurant offered good value for money. Our bill with drinks came to less than 20 euro a head and we would both highly recommend that you give it a try.

#singhs #curryinriga

2 comments:

  1. The restaurant is very beautiful and the food very tasty.
    Best Indian restaurant in Riga.
    Recommend you to try it.
    worth it.
    It is located in Riga, Gertrudes 32

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am from India and visited Riga a few months back. Must acknowledge Singh's presence at Gertrudes.


    Singh's, the restaurant with a supreme blend of aroma and service. Worth giving it a visit.

    Location: Gertrudes 32, Riga

    ReplyDelete