Wednesday 15 July 2015

Wednesday Thought: Doctor Who

Hello there Gentle Reader, as I have mentioned once or twice on the blog:

I AM A GEEK!
 
Geeks are not sad little people who read their comic books under the covers. They are the dreamers who live their lives by a specific code. The code may be borrowed from their own fantasy worlds they choose to live in but they strongly believe in it and apply these beliefs to their everyday lives.

Remember, before you criticize, it was a Geek  who put a man on the moon, invented medicines and life support machines, the automobile and countless other things that a lot of us take for granted until we need them.

For today’s words of wisdom, I am looking at my own particular favourite, Doctor Who, their may be someone out there who has not heard of the show so here is a brief synopsis.

The Doctor is an alien who travels through time and space in a fantastically bizarre space craft called the TARDIS He battles evil wherever he encounters it in the universe and he has been doing this on UK television since 1963. 12 actors have played the character who has the ability to regenerate himself when his body is injured.  The TV show is, in the end, about how someone who is not human but cherishes the humanity in others. The following quotes are all quotes spoken by the Doctor and can teach us all a lot about what it means to be human and how we should approach our lives.



http://wikizilla-role-play.wikia.com/wiki/File:12-doctors_600x400.png
 There’s no point in being grown up if you can’t be childish sometimes.”

The Fourth Doctor


 “I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams” 

The Eleventh Doctor.  


 “This is who I am, right here, right now, all right? All that counts is here and now, and this is me!”

The Ninth Doctor


"The waves of time wash us all clean."

The Sixth Doctor


 "Let me tell you about scared. Your heart is beating so hard -- I can feel it through your hands! There's so much blood and oxygen pumping through your brain, it's like rocket fuel. Right now, you could run faster and you could fight harder. You can jump higher than ever in your life. And you are so alert, it's like you can slow down time. What's wrong with scared? Scared is a super power! It's your super power!" 

The Twelfth Doctor


“Always take a banana to a party, bananas are good!”

The Tenth Doctor


“A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points but it is by no means the most interesting.”

The Third Doctor


"Anybody remotely interesting is MAD in some way"

The Seventh Doctor


“One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

The First Doctor


“If I knew everything that was going to happen, where would the fun be?”

The Fourth Doctor. 


"There's always something to look at, if you open your eyes."

The Fifth Doctor


"In the fight for survival, there are no rules."

The Eighth Doctor 


"There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things which act against everything we believe in. 
They must be fought!" 

The Second Doctor

'I'm just a traveller. Sometimes I see things need fuxing. I do what I can.'

The Thirteenth Doctor


  1. “I’m just a traveler. Sometimes I see things need fixing, I do what I can.”


#doctorwho #geek #doctorwhoquotes



No comments:

Post a Comment