Saturday 31 October 2015

Adoption in Latvia (part 4)



hello there Gentle readers, Yes I know I have not been on for a while but I wanted to let you all know about the latest chapter in our adoption story. On Tuesday Lena and I went back to the adoption agency to see the psychologist for our second session with her.

The purpose was a written examination to check out our state of mind. I have to admit I was nervous. The test involved us answering 370 statements about ourselves with a TRUE or FALSE answer. Sounds easy...doesn't it?

The questions were, to say the least, strange. and Lena and I both struggled at times because of the use of double negatives  and sometimes TERRIBLE translation.

The questions included

I love my mother and father
I am being followed
Sometimes I want to punch someone in the face
Sometimes I think about shooting people
I would like to be a journalist
Very often I feel pain in my head or neck
Not often I feel pain in my limbs


We persevered however, getting our children is very important to us, and we completed the questionnaire. On Wednesday, we have our home visit so we have spent all weekend preparing the children's room and on the following Monday we have our 1-1 sessions with the psychologist. Then, hopefully we will go to court and find out when we will get our children.

I promise to keep you updated on our progress over the coming weeks.

Take care and see you soon.

#adoptioninlatvia

No comments:

Post a Comment