Monday 9 November 2015

Adoption in Latvia 6



Hello again Gentle Reader, well today was the day we have been waiting for. Today was the last meeting with the psychologist and I have to admit I was quite nervous about it. The 1-1 chat.

Wasn't actually that scary though. Lena went in first and her meeting was only about 20 minutes. She had to answer questions about:

* describing herself
* what she could do with the children that is good
* what she is expecting from me
* who will stay with children at home
* differences between activities for 4 and 7 year olds

My meeting was a bit longer because the lady had some more interesting questions

mine included:
* what are my good and bad points
* what kind of dad would I be
* how would Lena and I share the load
* the problems I would face with my lack of Latvian language


The psychologist seemed very happy with our answers and told us both that we will make excellent parents.
We are both really happy with the result and the best news is yet to come gentle reader, so Brace Yourself.....

.................................... we got our date for going to court.

We will be there on the 1st December at 9 in the morning.

We will need someone who speaks Latvian and English who can translate.....anyone have any ideas?

#adoption #latvia

No comments:

Post a Comment