Saturday 22 August 2015

Back to School

 http://www.israel21c.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/9607062662_be71ef01fc_o.jpg

Hello there Gentle Reader, as I write this on the 22nd August, I am preparing myself for going back to work on Monday. After nearly 9 weeks holiday I always find myself getting more and more apprehensive as the first day of school approaches.
This year I will be teaching IGCSE Geography for the first time in my career, but I don’t feel concerned having taught the equivalent courses in Scotland called Standard Grades for many years.


My homeroom class is the same as last year so I will know most of the kids, apart from one new boy, but I am sad to say that the tallest boy in the class is now taller than me. How is it possible that a 13 year old can be taller than a 47 year old? Maybe my gut which has been steadily growing since I turned 30 is making me shrink.

After all, I am not overweight.....I'm under tall.

Anyway, I guess I just have to suck it up and do my best. I will be blogging a bit more about school this year so stay tuned to A Scotsman in Riga.

#backtoschool #igcse

No comments:

Post a Comment