Monday 17 August 2015

Lazarus Rising chapter 11 part 2



 Sorry its been a while Folks but here is the next part of the novel.


"I'm sorry to intrude Mr Foxworth" he stammered.
Foxwoth's arrival, although not completely unexpected had been surprising and Lazarus was temporarily flustered.
"My father had the statue made after my birth." Foxworth explained. "It's  a little ostentatious if you ask me. What do you think Mister... erm, I'm sorry. What is your name?"
"L-Lazarus" he managed to gasp, "It's am interesting piece. Your father must have loved you and your mother very much."
Foxworth made a face that indicated to Lazarus that what he had said was somehow amusing.
"My father was an evil bastard Mr Lazarus. He didn't love anyone. The only thing that he desired was money and elevating his position was his only goal."

He pointed to a faded scar on his temple.
"You see that? My father gave me that the last time I saw him. I ran away that night and I didn't return until yesterday."
"If you don't mind me asking Mr Foxworth. Why did you come back?"
"Its a long story Mr Lazarus and I am afraid it will take a lot of explaining."

Foxworth suddenly noticed that Lazarus had been cut on the face and his shirt was dirty and wet.
"My dear sir, I must apologize for my lack of hospitality. Come on up to the house and you can change. You an I look to be the same size in shirt and you can borrow one of mine."
"Thank you sir." Lazarus said and he allowed himself to be guided through the garden towards the dark figure of the house.

"So tell me Mr Lazarus; how long have you been in Stelling Minnis?"
"Two days" he replied, "The strangest thing is I don't know why I came here."

Lazarus and Foxworth reached the steep stone steps that led up to the house. Up close, Lazarus realized, the house was not as imposing as it had looked from the doctor's bedroom window. Yes it was the largest house in the village but not as grand a structure as he had imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment