Monday 25 April 2016

Dear Dad 3



Hello there Gentle readers, I have made it back safe and sound from Stockholm and today is my Dad's birthday. He passed in 2000 and I miss him still, this will be the third time on the blog that I have written him a letter. You can find the others here

http://ascotsmaninriga.blogspot.com/2015/02/dear-dad.html

http://ascotsmaninriga.blogspot.com/2015/04/dear-dad-2.html

Dear Dad,

Sorry I have not written for a while but as you know, adopting a little boy is not easy and time has sometimes been short.
We got Robert (named for you) at the beginning of the year and he has been amazing. He loves football and his mama and he will hopefully be starting at my school in August. At Easter, Lena and I took him to Norfolk and he met his Granny, Auntie Fiona, Janine, Brendan and Honey and they made him really welcome and he and Honey have become firm friends.

Please look out for Fiona and Janine, they have had a rough time lately, as I am  sure you know and they could do with your wisdom right now.

Mum seems much healthier and happier, she has even put on some weight, which she really needed to do. So please don’t wind her up about it like you did when I was a kid.

I know that wherever you are, you are looking down on all of us and I wish I could chat to you again. I regret not taking the time to talk to you when I had the chance, I reckon I would have been better off if I had.

Love you Dad

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment