Monday 18 September 2017

A little taste of home: Latvian Garlic Bread

Hey Gentle Readers. Today its one of my famous recipes. Having lived in Latvia for 5 years I grew to love the tasty beer snack that is Latvian Garlic Bread.

It seems that the Chinese population are unaware of this delicious tasty treat so I had to make my own.

Heres my recipe; I have never made it before so it might not be perfect but Lena, Robert and I ate it all.




Ingredients

Dark bread (half a loaf)
6 cloves of garlic
oil

Method
Put a large glug of oil in a pan. Use a garlic crusher and crush the garlic into the oil and put on at a high heat.


Chop the bread into squares and carefully pour the pieces into the oil. Fry for a few minutes until the bread is crispy. Ensure that all the bread is covered by the garlic oil.


Now if I had an oven I might have placed the bread in there for a while to go  extra crispy.

Stay tuned to the blog folks I may bring you other Latvian delicacies over the coming weeks.

#latvia #garlicbread #atasteoflatvia

No comments:

Post a Comment