Thursday 30 November 2017

WTF: The Rip-stik AKA the wave board

Hows it hanging Gentle reader dudes. Im gonna lay it down for ya as I once again send big r'spect to the yoof of today.

In the last year I have written about 2 teen trends (Dabbing and Fidget Spinners) and now the latest teen thing seems to be what looks like a 2 wheeled skateboard called a wave board or Rip Stik.


Why is it called a Rip Stik? I do not know. But from watching the kids at CBIS riding them around all the time maybe the riders should be called a "Dip stik".

Today Lena and I were nearly run over by a boy on one of these devices who was also reading a book. Now I'm all for reading but please look where your going when on your rip stik you dip stik.

Basically its a 2 wheeled skateboard and kids move it by moving their legs like they are on a snow board or a surfboard.

The reason I am writing about them is that 3 weeks ago there were none in the school. Now there are 15 at least.

Are they bad? No I dont think they are. But I woild like to see them riden with a bit of care and a bit of consideration for others.


Later dudes

#ripstik #

No comments:

Post a Comment