Wednesday 10 May 2017

Wednesday Thought: Bono



Like him or loathe him Gentle Reader, you certainly cannot ignore him. For the last 4 decades Bono, or Paul Hewson, has been one of the most influential musicians to ever take the stage. Musically as the front man of Irish rock band U2 or getting involved in politics and charity work he is hard to ignore. Today is his 57th birthday so I want to share some of his wisdom with you.

To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.

Music can change the world because it can change people.

Poverty breeds despair. We know this. Despair breeds violence. We know this. In turbulent times, isn't it cheaper, and smarter, to make friends out of potential enemies than to defend yourself against them later?

As a rock star, I have two instincts, I want to have fun, and I want to change the world. I have a chance to do both.

The less you know, the more you believe.

In my view, the only thing worse than a rock star is a rock star with a conscience.

#wednesdaythought #bono #u2

No comments:

Post a Comment