Saturday 3 June 2017

My Democratic Right

Hello Gentle Readers, as you may be aware the United Kingdom has a general election on Thursday and I am sure that millions of British citizens will hold up their end of the democratic bargain that exists in Britain and will cast their vote for the party they hate the least.





Millions more will not even bother to go and vote because of voter apathy, anger at the candidates or because Eastenders is on.

I cannot vote as I am not registeted at a UK address but I was able to take a part in Latvia's democratic process today.



The election is to find a new mayor and city councillors. So having done my research I picked my  candidate of choice and cast my vote as a resident of Riga.

I'm not going to tell you who I voted for but I hope that Riga will be joined in "Unity".

I just want to share this picture with you too.....





No comments:

Post a Comment