Wednesday 17 January 2018

The Wednesday Thought: Muhammed Ali



Hello Gentle Readers. Today is Muhammad Ali's birthday. If, like me you grew up in the 1970's he was probably the most famous sportsman on the planet. Even if you didnt like boxing, you liked him. He would appear on talk shows and recite his poetry and make jokes.
His conversion to Islam could have been the end for him but despite the prejudices he faced he kept punching.
His subsequent decline through Parkinsons disease was tragic. A clear sign that Boxing is damaging even to the best boxers.
Here for you are some of his best quotes and a few of the best quotes about him.

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale; handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail; only last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick; I'm so mean I make medicine sick.

Sure, I know I got it made while the masses of black people are catchin' hell, but as long as they ain't free, ain't free

#muhammadali

No comments:

Post a Comment