Wednesday 24 January 2018

Wednesday Thought: Robert Burns


Hello Gentle Readers. In 3 days time, my blog will be three years old. I actually am pretty amazed that something I started just "to see what it would be like to do" has become so important to me.

In this weeks Wednesday Thought, I want to look back at the first week of my blog and revisit Robert Burns. On 27th January 2015 I had just delivered my speech to the British Chamber of Commerce in Riga.

Please go and read it. It was the 2nd post on the blog.

http://ascotsmaninriga.blogspot.hk/2015/01/for-my-first-post-want-to-share-with.html?m=0

In todays Wednesday thought here is the wisdom of one of the greatest Scotsman to ever put pen to paper.

Dare to be honest and fear no labor.

There is no such uncertainty as a sure thing.

Critics! Those cut-throat bandits in the paths of fame.

Suspense is worse than disappointment.

I foresee that poverty and obscurity probably await me, and I am in some measure prepared and daily preparing to meet them.

I pick my favourite quotations and store them in my mind as ready armour, offensive or defensive, amid the struggle of this turbulent existence.

#robertburns #wednesdaythought

No comments:

Post a Comment