Monday 22 July 2019

A Journey of Self Discovery (part 1)

Hello Gentle Readers

Me aged 3ish.


Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while are probably aware that I was adopted by my parents shortly after my birth in 1968.

Before we left China, Lena and I had been talking about my roots. I was born with a different name. My birthname was Michael A.K Duffy. Bit of a mouthful compared to Neil Thomson and Lena often joked that with a name like Duffy; I must be Irish.

I consider myself Scottish because of my parents and having lived in Scotland for so long. I decided to go to www.ancestry.com and look up my past. I looked up my birth name and found that in 1968 there was only 1 Michael A.K. Duffy born, in July. This was confusing as you can imagine because I was born on the 25th August.

I decided to get a copy of my original birth certificate to solve this particular puzzle so I paid the fee and waited...and waited some more.

On the day before we left China an email arrived and attached to it was my birth certificate which had my original birth name on as well as my birth mothers name and address at the time of my birth.

As you can imagine I was intrigued.

What would you do?

To be continued....

#adoption #michaelakduffy #searching




No comments:

Post a Comment