Monday 22 July 2019

A Journey of Self Discovery (part 2)

Welcome back Gentle Readers

In my last post I finished by explaining that I had found my birth mums name and address and I asked you what you would do.

Me and my Dad. I am 4 or 5 in the picture.


I went on Facebook....and found...not very much.
However I kept looking and found more information.

Time for some background.
My mum and dad told me I was adopted when I was 6 or 7 years old. When I was a teenager they told me my birth mother was only 17, unmarried and suffering from Epilepsy when I was born.

Over the years I thought about looking for her but because it was quite difficult to do I made excuses and never followed through.

Finding her was not what I intended to do on the day before we left China but find her I did. I also discovered that not only did I have a birth mother but I also had a younger half sister and a younger half brother.

My mum and dad who adopted me when I was just a few months old are very very important to me. My dad died in 2000 but I wanted to talk to my mum before I made any contact with my birth family. I wanted to know she was OK with me proceeding.

It turns out she was very supportive so on Sunday 8th of July I sent the following message to my half sister on Facebook messenger.

'Hello my name is Neil and I saw your info about your family at Heritage Family Tree. At birth my name was Michael A.K. Duffy and I was born in Hillingdon on August 25th 1968. I would appreciate any help you could provide.'

I then waited for her response

To be continued.....

#adoption #michaelakduffy #heritagefamilytree #searching




No comments:

Post a Comment