Tuesday 23 July 2019

A Journey of Self Discovery (part 3)

Hello again Gentle readers


Yesterday I started my story about my adoption and finished part 2 by telling you what I sent to the person I had found on the Internet.

I have to admit that when I sent that message I was not 100% sure I would get any response at all so imagine my surprize when I got this message back.

'Hello so glad to hear from you,mum was only 17 when she had you,her mum insisted/made her give you away, she has thought about you ever since, we are so happy you have contacted and would be happy to help with any information you may need'

It turned out that Rachel who had answered was my birth mums daughter (my little half sister) and she has a brother called Luke (my little half brother)

Luke, me and Rachel


She also told me that my mum, Rosie, had been looking for me for years and Rachel gave me her phone numbet. I didnt call immediately as Lena, Robert and I were driving to Scotland the next day.

When I did call it was a wonderful opportunity for us to talk. She told me more about the situation she found herself in back in 1968 and I was upset for her. She had faced terrible decisions which a  17 year old should never have to make and her mother, my grandmother, basically dragged me from her arms so I could be adopted.

She told me very little about my father other than he was an older man who took advantage of her and then disappeared.

We arranged to meet the following week and I will tell you about that in the next post.

To be continued....

#adoption #birthmum

2 comments: