Wednesday 24 July 2019

A Journey of Self Discovery (part 4)

Hello again Gentle Readers and welcome to the last part of my journey of self discovery.

In part 3 I told you we made arrangements to meet. On the Wednesday Robert, Lena and I visited Dublin so we thought we would stay in London and then go to see my birth mum on the Thursday.

We also wanted saw Lena's sister and her little boy.

I have to admit that meeting my birth mum was making me very nervous. Lena told me it was normal and that everything would be fine.

We arrived at the town where my birth family live and parked the car. Unfortunately on the way to that town our windscreen got cracked and I had to phone the rental company to inform them. It must have looked strange if any of my birth family had seen us sitting in the car.

We walked towards the hotel and Luke, Rachel and her son Daniel were waiting outside for us. We greeted each other like old friends even though we had never met and this relaxed me enough to go and meet Rosie.

Rosie, Rachel and Luke with Lena, Robert and me.

Me and Rosie

Meeting Rosie was a great experience. We talked a lot, shared photographs and bonded.

Rosie gave birth to me and is my birth mother but my mum is my mum and she told Lena to tell my mum what a good job she had done raising me.

After a few hours of talking and eating a nice dinner we said our goodbyes but promised to stay  in touch. I have her phone number and address and we will keep in contact.

After nearly 51 years apart it would be a shame if we didnt see each other again.

#adoption #findingbirthmum

No comments:

Post a Comment