Wednesday 20 May 2015

Neil's Superduper Chilli Burger

Hey Gentle Reader, great to see you back again, where have you been? I missed you.
Everyone loves a burger, so when Lena told me she wanted something quick and tasty for dinner tonight, I immediately though mmmm burgers.

I have never made a burger before so instead of chickening out and buying one pre-made I threw myself into the process and made a tasty burger and now I am going to share it with you.


Ingredients (Makes 4)

300g Minced Beef
1 small onion
1 red chilli
1 large tomato
Edam cheese
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Black Pepper
4 ciabatta rolls.

Method

Chop the chilli and onion finely and mix through the beef with your hands.
Add a teaspoon of olive oil and black pepper and shape with your hands into a log.
Cut the log in half and then half again and flatten the four pieces into patties.
Place in hot olive oil and cook on both sides turning regularly.
Warm the ciabatta in the oven for a few minutes.
Cut the tomato into slices and put two slices on either side of the burger.
Cut the cheese and put a few bits on each burger.
Serve with my Dreamy Chunky Coleslaw. (See next recipe)


No comments:

Post a Comment