Sunday 17 May 2015

Sore Legs but Proud

Ouchy Gentle Readers

As I said yesterday, today was Riga Marathon Day and I lined up with the other 26000 people to run.

I have not ran for anything since 1998 so lining up about 200 m from the actual start line because there was so many people waiting to run, I felt quite nervous.

I was only running the 5k so I found myself lining up with children and women pushing babies in strollers but I was determined, ready and willing to push them out of my way to secure a fast time.

The rain was falling, the wind was blowing and as the countdown counted down I gathered my wits, flexed my muscles and took my marks. The run itself was fine, apart from dodging strollers, children on push along bikes and women wielding scooters like axes.

I impressed myself with the time I did, just over 40 minutes. Considering I did not train at all I was happy with that. The best thing about the whole thing however was when Lena told me she was proud of me. Mind you, I am very proud of myself too. Even though my legs are very, very sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment