Sunday 7 June 2015

Vairak Saules......yikes

http://www.vairaksaules.lv/images/vairaksaules-logo.png

Hey Gentle Reader, so glad  you are back again. So tonight Lena and I decided we would go out to dinner and Lena suggested we go to Vairak Saules (Much more Sun) which is a restaurant on Dzirnavu iela and part of a chain in Latvia. We had been there before and the food is usually pretty good. Unfortunately tonight there was a problem.

Now I can forgive mistakes, but rudeness.

I ordered a lasagne with a side order of French Fries and Lena decided to go for  the sweet and sour chicken with egg noodles.

Lasagna with ground meat  
By the way, the photo of the sweet and sour dish is not what we were served. This photo is not from their website.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/fileadmin/fm-dam/Recipes/From_Far-afield/From_FarAfield_10.jpg

Eventually our food arrived and my lasagne was cold, so I asked for another.
In the mean time Lena had started her sweet and sour chicken. The taste wasn’t right though because for some unknown reason their were two types of mushroom in the sauce. I explained to the waitress, who was fantastic all the way through, about the problem and she took the dish away. A few minutes later the chef, an Asian gentleman (Indian I think), appeared and tried to explain that sweet and sour sauce has mushrooms in it.
Now I have had a great deal of Chinese cuisine in my time gentle reader and I have never had mushrooms in Sweet and Sour..
I have had oyster sauce before and that is what Lena got. Lena HATES OYSTER MUSHROOMS.

What really annoyed us though gentle reader is the fact that the CHEF would not admit he had made a mistake and actually tried to convince us that sweet and sour sauce has mushrooms in it.

Sweet and Sour sauce is a very simple recipe

Peppers, chili, soy sauce , pineapple, tomato paste and sugar. NO MUSHROOMS.

If you fancy a sweet and sour in Riga. DON’T GO TO VAIRAK SAULES.


#vairaksaules #sweetandsour #rudechef

No comments:

Post a Comment