Saturday 15 July 2017

Leaving Latvia


Hello Gentle Readers.

As you may be aware Lena, Robert and I will be moving to China on the 15th August where  I will start work at the Citic Lake Bilingual International School in the city of Foshan which is near Guangzhou in China.
Robert will also be attending the school and he is excited too.

Of course moving to China is a great adventure but I am also sad because it means that we will be leaving Latvia. Lena and Robert are both Latvian and they will be leaving their home country but I will miss my adopted home a great deal.

When I moved here in August 2012, I had no idea just how important this place would become. I still remember that first night in my apartment wondering just what I had let myself in for.

Nearly 5 years later I know that this place is truly special. Moving away will be as hard as leaving Scotland was and I had been in Scotland for nearly 30 years.

Riga is a great city full of friendly, gracious people and Latvia is a beautiful green country.

I will miss the forests, rivers and towns. I will miss the noise and lights the people and the weather; yes even when its 20 below freezing and the snow is 2 feet deep.

I met my wife, adopted my son and furthered my career in this beautiful, crazy, incredible place and when I leave I will count the days until I return.

#latvia #riga


No comments:

Post a Comment