Saturday 7 February 2015

Poem number 3

32 reasons


Times arrow lights the sky
reflecting my eyes and soul
lightning flashes on a faraway shore
leading me to my goal

Exploding shimmers across the sea
catching the fire in my eyes
shaking foundations in awkward silence
moonbeams give light to the lies

No one is staring at nothing at all
time stands still as the morning breaks
I look up to the heavens above me 
and ponder my countless mistakes

The life I have led seems shallow and dark
my future is fading away
where do i go? what do i do?
from my path I have started to stray

The shimmering lights become sharp and clear
and form a familiar shape
my breath becomes shallow
my mouth falls into a gape

In splendour I see you just out of reach
and i reach for you with my last breath
I must reach you if I can my sweet love
even if it means my death

The lies I have spoken have held me back
but the truth sets me free at last
the chains that have held me become undone
and allow me to forget my past

My goal is my love, my love is my goal
and I hold her at last to my heart
I dont want to be alone
and I want to make a fresh start.






No comments:

Post a Comment