Monday 16 February 2015

Welcome to Rome 1


Bongiorno my Blogger chums.
Started our trip to Rome with an early landing at Leonardo da Vinci airport. Waited for nearly an hour for our bus and when it finnaly arrived we were whisked unceremoniously to the cities main train terminal. 
Our hotel "Venezia" was a short walk away past numerous kebab shop style pizzerias and tratatorias. Having dropped off the bags we decided to take a walk and find some food. Eventually finding our way to the Piazza della Republica and dodging the Roman traffic near the beautiful fountain we meandered down one of the many streets of Rome where you will find hawkers and the homeless (some with dogs).
Number one item for sale seemed to be a personalised stapler. When accosted by one young man i had to say, " Thank you, no. I already have stapler" and we walked on.



With Lena's "hunger anger" rising we eventually found ourselves outside a restaurant called "da Trani".   (www.datraniromerestaurant@gmail.com) 
Faced with an almost impossible choice we both decided on the pizza (original huh???),
Lena had the Lucifero with chilli and chilli salami and I had the sausage and nushroom.
My quote to Lena upon taking my first bite was "F*** thats good pizza."
As a 46 year old man, I have tried a few pizzas in my time. I am not a religious man as many of you know but this was God's Pizza. It was like all the thousands of Pizzas I had ever had were suddenly erased from my memory for all eternity.
Sorry Cili Pica but compared to Roman pizza you are like Hesburger.

Tomorrow (Monday), we are going to the Colluseum, the Forum and Circus Maximus....I hope the clowns aren't too scary.

To finish let me just say in preperation for the Colluseum;

I am Spartacus.....and so's my wife....
Ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment