Sunday 19 April 2015

A letter to my 13 year old self.




Tomorrow my grade 7 class will be doing their IMYC Exit Point and part of their assessment will be to imagine they are in their mid 40s and write themselves a letter in which they give advice on what decisions they should make regarding their future and reflecting on their lives.

This got me thinking about what I would say to the 13yo me. So here goes.

Dear Neil
this is you from the future writing. I know this may be hard for you to believe, but keep reading as this is important.
Your life is going to have ups and downs as all lives do but you are strong enough to deal with lifes challenges and you will always conquer the problems you face.
You will succeed eventually and be happy so never give up on yourself.
Tell your dad that you love him and always be loyal to your friends and family.
Dream big because one day Neil, they will come true.
The 21st century is your time and although for you it is still 20 years away, great things will happen. Stick it out, stay the course and be happy. Dont try and change, the decisions you make will define you.

Stay safe and be yourself,
NEIL

No comments:

Post a Comment